Saturday, February 28, 2009

Feb 28, 2009 - John 13:18-30

I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me"..
I had re-read this verse a couple of times because I was just like hmm.. "anyone I send" I was trying to think who Jesus sends.. maybe it's those non-believers that Jesus sends or just friends that are struggling with their personal lives.. but many times I don't accept them with open hearts. I have a bad habit of judging people by their looks or actions without knowing them in person and I think this is something I have to really work on for those that I just can't get along might be those the Christ sent on purpose. 
Finally Jesus predicts his death by giving  a piece of bread to Judas Iscariot.. I wonder what Jesus felt like prediciting this and even 11 other disciples. Jesus was betrayed by his own disciples.. not by some random person on the street. it must have been heartbreaking to see his own loving disciple to betray him for some money.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment