Sunday, February 8, 2009
Feb 8, 2009 - John 4: 1-26
Jesus was in Samaria when he met this Samaritan woman. He asks for a drink to her and she tells him about how he is a Jew and he shouldn't ask her for a drink. I feel like I might have had the same reaction. I have a hard time going 'against the flow'. Our last SG bible study was about how we need to be the salt and light of the world. And this is what I need to work on; being able to live counter-culturally for this world is so fallen. Jesus later discusses her about this living water and in verse 13 he says "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." This is one of my favorite verses and It's such an awesome verse. How we will have eternal life through Jesus Christ! Lastly, when the Samaritan woman says that I know the Messiah is coming.. and Jesus answers her that I who speak to you am he! I think if I were her, I would first be so surprised but would be in such joy and probably would share with everyone around me of how the Messiah is here! I can't wait till when Christ returns and when He does.. I pray that I won't be ashamed of all the sins I've commited but be proud to have been a faith servant of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment