Monday, February 2, 2009

Feb. 2, 2009 - John 1

The famous verse "In beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." is so commonly said these days. However, it does portray that God is THE WORD and there are no other gods but Him. I had read the first chapter over and over again because I couldn't concentrate! But while I tried to read over and over again I wondered if Jesus came up to me and said "come follow me", what my reactions would have been. Honestly, I feel like I might have hesitated like Nathanael which is a sad thing to say. However, I love when Nathanael was surprised of Christ knowing his existence, and Jesus said "You shall see greater things than that. I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man" .. it is such a powerful verse.. it makes me wanna know Christ more and more daily till the day I see heaven and ultimately God.

No comments:

Post a Comment