Monday, February 9, 2009

Feb 9, 2009 - John 4:27-54

It was heartwarming to hear Jesus say that His food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. I think it's true for us too. Our food is not the earthly food we eat for hunger but to do things such as sharing the gospel or serving at a local church or just even praying for one another is the food we need to eat. But, nowadays it's so easy to look for food in other things that God doesn't want us to do.
Finally Jesus does his second miracle by healing this son of the official. The official came to ask Jesus to heal his son and all Jesus said was you may go, your son will live! And the official didn't say are you serious? what? that's impossible! instead he just simply believed and trusted Jesus's words and went home. I think I need to learn this type of trust. These days I'm so used to questioning everything and have a hard time trusting people and I doubt God even at times. I pray that I will learn to obey God's commends whatever the situation may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment