Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb 23 ,2009 - John 11:1-43

I knew about the story of Lazarus since I was young and I didn't know Jesus went to Judea where he was about to be stoned by Jews earlier in His journey. And it also says in verse 35 that Jesus wept which I can tell that Jesus really loved Lazarus and his sisters, Mary and Martha. And as we all know Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead! I admire Martha's strong trust in Jesus. She keeps saying that if you (Jesus) was here earlier, Lazarus would not have been dead. Because I were in her position, I probably would have been blaming Jesus for not being here on time or what not and obviously would have expected Jesus to raise Lazarus from the dead. I think that's one thing I really have to learn from Martha. Being able to trust God even if things don't workout the way I want things to.

No comments:

Post a Comment