Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 15, 2009 - Isaiah 58:13 - 59:8

Keeping the Lord’s Day
13.“If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the Lord’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,

14. then you will find your joy in the Lord, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.” The mouth of the Lord has spoken.

God Isn’t in a Hurry
1. Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear.

2. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

3. For your hands are stained with blood, your fingers with guilt. Your lips have spoken lies, and your tongue mutters wicked things.

4. No one calls for justice; no one pleads his case with integrity. They rely on empty arguments and speak lies; they conceive trouble and give birth to evil.

5. They hatch the eggs of vipers and spin a spider’s web. Whoever eats their eggs will die, and when one is broken, an adder is hatched.

6. Their cobwebs are useless for clothing; they cannot cover themselves with what they make. Their deeds are evil deeds, and acts of violence are in their hands.

7. Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed innocent blood. Their thoughts are evil thoughts; ruin and destruction mark their ways.

8. The way of peace they do not know; there is no justice in their paths. They have turned them into crooked roads; no one who walks in them will know peace.

From my QT book.. it says our greatest consequence of sin is losing fellowship with God.. I think this is really true cuz once I started to walk away from God.. whether it may be from just being lazy or whatever, it was easier to somewhat 'forget' the relationship I had with God. Just like praying.. the more often and longer I prayed.. it was easier for me to pray to God.. but when I stopped.. getting back to where I was.. took more effort.. This is why we need fellowship with fellow Christans too.. so we keep accountable for each other for we are ONE body of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment